I love the organic golden beets. They’re relatively simple to make, I roast them like potatoes till soft, then peel off skins and slice. Then I make a simple basil and balsamic vinagrette to drizzle on top. So good and great for you.
- 1 bunch Golden beets
- pinches kosher salt
- pinches black pepper
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons sun dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- shots fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375. Split the beets in half and take off stems. Into a deep roasting dish, lay out beets, drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic, salt and pepper. Mix together and add about an inch of water to the bottom of pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast till you can stick with a knife and they are tender approximately 30 minutes, turning once half way through cooking time.
- When they are soft, remove from pan to a dish. With a dishtowel, remove the skins once they cool down a bit. This shouldn’t be difficult. Then slice and put on platter.
- Starting with the 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar in a bowl, drizzle in the 3 tbsp olive oil and whisk in the basil. Add a teaspoon of pure honey.
- Drizzle the vinagrette over the beets add the cranberries and serve with salt and pepper to taste, can add some extra sprigs of basil and a squeeze of fresh orange juice.
- Enjoy! Let me know how it goes!