Tonight I made a delicious Vegan Veggie Curry with Seitan. Here’s a recipe! Please post a comment if you make it, and feel free to ask questions!!
For Curry Paste, you will need:
Thai or Regular basil
Soy Sauce (Low Sodium is best!)
About a cup of coconut milk
3 sprigs of hammered lemongrass, or lime juice
Combine all of the above ingredients to taste in a food processor or blender and whizz till pureed. Add salt, pepper and a little water if necessary. Voila! Curry paste!
For the rest, you will need:
1 tbsp. neutral oil, such as Grapeseed or Canola
1/4 Cup Sweet Onion
~2 Chopped Carrots
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
Your choice of veggies, feel free to mix and match! I used (chopped up):
1) Into a saute pan, first add the 1T neutral oil. To this, add the onion, carrot, garlic, curry powder and saute for a few minutes.
2) Add about a 1/2 cup water.
3) Add all of your other chunky veggies, and seitan if you like it on the softer side.
4) Add the curry paste and stir in.
5) Add more coconut milk to taste (1/2 cup – 1 cup or so), and stir in about 1T. brown sugar or agave syrup.
6) Add seitan now if you like it more tender and chewy. (Can also use tofu, fish, etc)
7) Add chopped fresh red and yellow tomatoes.
8) Add chopped fresh cilantro.
9) Serve over rice! Marvel over your delicious creation!