2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
chopped fresh tomatoes
chopped fresh thyme
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup -broccoli florets cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup- fresh green beans cut up
1 zucchini-quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 yellow squash -sliced
1/2 cup-asparagus tips
1 lb whole wheat or spinach spaghetti
1 handful sugar snap peas-trimmed and cut up
1/4 cup low salt veggie broth
grated parmagiano reggiano to taste
1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
2 chopped organic carrots
1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
handful of organic greens such as spinach, chard, kale
1. Into a wok or large skillet over medium heat add 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil. To this add chopped garlic, thyme, onions , carrots, green beans, broccoli and asparagus..
2. Saute a few minutes being careful not to brown the garlic.
3. Turn flame down to a simmer and add chopped tomatoes, zucchini, greens,sugar snap peas and yellow squash. Cook till green beans and asparagus are tender, these veggies take a few minutes more to cook then the latter ones. Those are done in 2 minutes.
4. Add the splash of balsamic, chopped fresh basil, parsley and broth.
5. Serve with grated parmesiano reggiano. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti, or fresh ravioli’s..
You can use different vegetables depending on what’s available seasonally. The quantity of veggies can be modified depending on how many people you’re cooking for. And, you can omit any veggies you don’t care for.
You can also add shrimp, chicken, or fish.
Honey Dijon Glazed Salmon with Pasta Primavera
Feeds 2-4 people
1 lb salmon fillet
1/3 cup low salt soy sauce or tamari
1 tbl dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
Fresh basil -1/2 cup pureed or finely chopped
2 cloves chopped fresh garlic (roasted or raw)
In a bowl combine dijon mustard, honey, basil, soy sauce, chopped garlic and lemon, stir with whisk.
Marinate fish in this mixture up to 1/2 hr.
Take out and prepare grill by preheating it on medium. Spray grill with olive oil , put on fish flesh side down, cook 4 minutes then carefully flip and cook other side 3 minutes.
If the fish is too rare you can put it on a plate in the micro and cook another 2 minutes. Salmon does great in the micro.
When you flip the fish don’t forget to brush it with more of the mustard glaze.
This recipe works well with sea bass too. Just cook a little longer about 8-10 minutes total.
Also, put lemon in micro for 20 seconds to get juice out easily.