2 tablespoons Grapeseed oil
2 stalks celery-chopped little
1 chopped Leek-split , cleaned and chopped-white part
3 organic carrots sliced and chopped
1 cup chunked acorn or butternut squash
2 tablespoons fresh cilanto-can use some chopped stems
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 large chopped Swiss chard leaves (de-vein)
1 cup red lentils-rinsed well
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 chopped Zucchini
1. Into a soup kettle put the oil. Add the leek, carrots , celery and garlic
2. Cook a few minutes being careful not to burn garlic, cook till transparent.
3. Add the cumin and turmeric and stilr in a minute or so.
4. Add 5 1/2 – 6 cups water, more if needed, till desired consistency. Stir in the acorn squash and swiss chard.
5. Add the cilantro with stems. Also can add a vegetable bouillon cube if you have a low salt one.
6. Add the lentils. Add the chopped zucchini and tomatoes Cook for 20 minutes till lentils are tender and veggies are done.
7. Into a rice cooker add 1 cup of farro to 2 cups veggie broth or water. Sprinkle with a drizzle of olive oil. This will be done in 20 minutes.
8. Serve the soup with the farro mixed into individual bowls.